Saturday 26 October 2013

Yeah!!!

Excuse me, but fuck yeah!!! 8.28km this morning!!! 2 hour 35 minutes. Really, really chuffed.





This morning was sunny, very hot (around 32 degrees by the time I finished) and humid (after a storm yesterday evening) - the weather can't be any more challenging than this on race day.

Gait was very good in many parts - something different was happening this morning, in a positive way.

The last 400m was hard going though. I started to stiffen and lose balance. 5 meters from the car I tripped and fell in a bush! That's the first time I've fallen in over a month. I'll put this one down to fatigue! Recently I discovered a few quotes from Nelson Mandela. He said "The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall". That quote helps me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment