Tuesday 14 February 2012

Week 5 - Tuesday 14 February

Just woke up from an hour's nap - my body calling a quick time out after another long, busy and  hard but productive day. 


David has found a solution to the ban on sled pulls - now I pull him instead, both walking and running!!  The sled pull is one of those exercises that helps develop the push off through my feet. Developing that was a big focus of a session today with Eric, in which I had another of those big "aha" moments - that I'd been placing too much emphasis on my glutes in the push off, and not enough in my calf muscles. Eric also got me to focus on carrying the push off all the way through to my big toe. My right big toe has been a bit of a theme in this recovery. It was the last part of my body to start moving again and the last to regain sensation. Now its the last to get properly engaged in my walking. It moves quite well now and there is some sensation, but its still a bit limited, which hinders my ability to drive off it. Today, that started to come, but then I felt a bit of pain somewhere around the toe and ball of my foot. That might be a sign of strengthening sensation, which would be a really good thing. I'll see whether a few strategically placed needles can help in tomorrow's acupuncture session, but I'll spare you the photos of that!
.

1 comment:

  1. Hey bud Another motivating and educational update. You do realise that with all the detailed anatomical info you are gaining, another career could be in the offing?! Progress sounds fantastic again. And the vids the other day of California were stunning. All the best matey, keep it up ... Si

    ReplyDelete