Tuesday 21 February 2012

Week 6 - Tuesday 21 Feb - still in orbit!!


I'm not back down to earth after yesterday! My high has been fuelled by lots of people asking me how yoga and the car ride went, which I answered with a big smile!! I've learnt that some people here do not know what an emergency stop is - I've said sorry to Genny for springing one on her without explaining it first !!! The yoga seems to have doe good stuff for my glutes and the muscles down the outsides of my legs, giving me a much more stable feeling standing and walking today. At least I think it was the yoga, though in truth I don't really care where the gains come from, so long as they keep coming!

Today, Genny walked me through the warm up routine she and the team have built for me to take home, and David is planning to give me my full home program tomorrow. The treadmill was having a temperamental day, and didn't want to work for my slot, so David got me harnessed up and running on the Curv instead - very different to the treadmill, including because your feet move the belt rather than the belt being powered, which makes it great cardio. That went well, but today's breakthrough came in my last session. After a short run down the gym, Genny asked me to lengthen out my stride - as you've seen on the videos, my steps had been very short, which is inefficient (and makes me look like a pony, or so Amy says). So I tried - and now I have a new jogging stride, and the beginnings of something that feels and looks a lot more normal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment